Thursday, June 25, 2009

thing 9...

I've been blogging, personally, for over a year now. It's therapeutic. But, I have to say that I didn't even know about all the blog search tools out there. I just searched myself, blog after blog or through word of mouth.

1. For sure, the easiest search tools were Edublog, Google Blog Search, and Technorati. I enjoyed looking through the blog winners on Edublog. I found some really great blogs that I enjoyed reading. Google Blog Search was super easy, but blah. Technorati was the most helpful, with an easy tutorial (the one in English, not Dutch). I immediately was able to find LOTS of cool blogs.

2. Syndi8 was confusing. The site itself made me dizzy and I didn't even try to use it. I'm very "Type A" and I need organization in a site. Ick.

3. There were LOTS of useful blogs, that I found very interesting. There are SO MANY, it's going to take me awhile to read through (in between running after two toddlers). I did like Christina's Classroom - since she's an early childhood teacher herself - I found some cute ideas to incorporate into my classroom. I'm excited to keep reading and finding more great resources!