Wednesday, June 24, 2009

thing 8...

Another "ah-ha" moment. I love the Google Reader. Again, I'm wondering why I never discovered and used this before - I have no idea.

1. The Google Reader cuts down on all the scrolling you have to do in a blog and gives you the most recent posts, all in one place. Love it!

2. I'll definitely use this in my personal life, with my personal blog. I can view all my favorite blogs (and I have alot) all at once and not have to spend an hour after the kids go to bed to read every blog I love. I can use it in my classroom the same way as well. I added 5 blogs: The Crafty Crow, Teach Kids Art, Mary Grace Landrum, Mike Falick, and SBISD EdTech. This way I can keep up on the information I use in my classroom and important educational information at my fingertips, all at once.

3. I think all teachers/librarians/administrators can use this technology the same way I use it. I think this is really a wonderful tool for librarians. Think of all the grade-levels and information they access daily, and now it can be all on one page and easy to access.