Monday, July 6, 2009

thing 15...

I REALLY liked the video, A Vision of Students Today. Wow. I connected to almost every statement shown.

Libraries today do not even look like the library I used in elementary school(and I'm not that old). We used card catalogs and the library was the only place to go to get information. Today, most of the ideas I use in my classroom, came from extensive research done on the web. I spend (when my children allow me and I have time), alot of time on the web...searching, researching, reading, and enjoying. It's a great place for everyone. I can only imagine how libraries will look when my son is in high school. They have to adjust to changes (rapidly) to serve the needs of everyone. I think it's important for every teacher and every school to use and take advantage of all the great technology that's out there. If we leave technology out, we leave our children's futures in limbo.