Saturday, July 11, 2009

thing 23...

Holy Cow! I can't believe I'm done! Although, I'm not really done since I plan on using alot of these resources in my classroom and personally. I learned so much and I am so glad that I decided to take this course. Thanks!
1. I loved Wikis, Photostory, blogging, Flickr, mashups (MosaicMaker), and tagging.
2. Learning about new technology is always a lifelong goal for me. You have to be willing and ready to change with the times and I am glad that I learned about all of this "new" technology so I can pass it along and use it.
3. I was surprised at myself. I consider myself pretty up-to-date with technology and the web (before I was a teacher I managed the web site for a marketing division of AIG). There were LOTS of resources I have heard of, but never accessed or used. I guess teaching and mommyhood have kept me busier than I thought.
4. I liked the format. I enjoy blogging, so the format for me was easy and fun. Maybe incorporating Wiki's in the future would be fun!!!!
5. Yes, yes, yes! I actually think it should be a mandatory professional development for ALL teachers and staff. If the district wants us to USE technology in the classroom, then we need to be trained with hands-on experience. Right???
6. Exciting!
7. I will (and I just did)! Thanks for everything! This is one of the most useful professional development courses I have taken.