Thursday, July 9, 2009

thing 19...

I've used quite a bit of the Web 2.o Award Resources: CitySearch, Monster, Delicious, Technorati, LibraryThing, Flickr, Etsy, Facebook, Rollyo, and Kayak. I use Flickr, Esty and Facebook DAILY. I decided to check out MothersClick (niche social networking), Last (music), and Im Cooked (food). I didn't connect well with MothersClick..stay-at-home moms and their stroller fit clubs..BLAH. I liked Last. My husband is a music teacher and he thought Last was cool too and we've never heard of it. It was easy to navigate and we even found some cool concerts coming up in our area. Now, we just need a babysitter! Im Cooked was cool too, but I'm NOT a cook, my husband is. There were lots of things that looked delicious to eat, not cook. Etsy and Facebook are by fare my favorite. I spend alot of time (when I have it) on both. Etsy has some awesome handmade items that are fabulous and Facebook is a great way to connect with old friends and far away family. I'm not sure that any of the resources I visited or that I visit frequently can be used in the classroom or in the library though.